£20000 - £21300 per annum + see advert
about 1 month ago
£20-21,300pa plus benefits
A manufacturer of specialist medical profiling beds and pressure care mattresses is seeking an Equipment Technician to join their expanding team.
You will be based at the QMC Hospital in Nottingham managing the distribution of medical beds and pressure care mattresses throughout the hospital. Working out of the hospital bed stores you role will include receiving beds/mattress deliveries from drivers, storing them in the bed stores, receiving requests from wards if they need more bed and mattresses, taking bed and mattresses up to the wards, identifying any excess beds and mattresses not in use and taking them back down to bed store, cleaning, testing and carrying out minor repairs on beds and mattresses (training provided) and offer training to customers.
In summary, your duties will include;
- Maintain stock and parts inventory
- Implement product modifications
- Deliver and install clean, ready-to-use products
- Collect dirty products
- Clean, test and repair products
- Complete records of safety testing
- Provide demonstrations and basic training to caregivers
This role will also require some travel to two other hospital sites in Nottingham where you will also be responsible for managing the beds and mattresses.
On occasions you will also be required to assist in delivering and collecting beds and mattresses to and from hospitals and take to service centre to then clean, test and do minor repair works on beds/mattresses. You will not require a driving licence.
Working hours vary depending on shifts. There are 4 shift patterns outlined below;
- Tues - Sat - 8am - 3.30pm
- Tues - Sat - 10 - 6pm
- Sun - Thurs - 8am - 3.30pm
- Sun - Thurs - 10 - 6pm
- Up to £21,300 per annum
- On call - 1 in 10 weeks paid as retainer of £170/week plus time and half for call outs.
- Contributory Pension
- 22 days plus bank, increasing to 25 days after 2 years and 27 days after 5 years.
- Discount, reward, and recognition programme
- Develop your career with a family-oriented business
- Full training on all products.
What is required to apply?
- Customer service skills (experience dealing with people) ideally face to face
- Capable of undertaking the physical aspects of the job e.g., lifting mattresses, pushing beds around hospitals etc.
- Any experience working in a hospital environment e.g., as a porter, cleaner, health care assistant, is a bonus (but not essential).
What happens next?
Click APPLY NOW to being your application. Should you be suitable a CBSbutler representative will be in touch within 5 working days.