Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £13.50 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Facilities Technician/Handyman
* Based in Birmingham Centre (short walk from the station).
* £13.50 per hour PAYE.
* 6 Month initial contract (possibility of temp to perm).
Our client have won an established national service contract with a large scope of building and accommodation services. Our client are going through some changes to their building portfolio and they require a Facilities Technician/Handyman to join their team working in the new building in Birmingham. Our client wish to mobilise a team to ensure the building is managed in a similar way to their London buildings, with dedicated M&E engineers and Handymen.
They are looking for a Facilities Technician/Handyman with a proactive approach who works very well on a face to face basis. Opportunities for self-growth and development are huge in respect to this role especially anyone who wants to develop into a Facilities Engineer. The successful candidate will support day-to-day operations throughout each 40 hour week (between 07:00 & 19:00hrs plus some extended hours) and will be responsible for general PPM and reactive tasks.
Facilities Technician/Handyman roles and responsibilities:
* Door repairs and adjustments.
* Door/locker lock replacements.
* Replacement of damaged ceiling tiles.
* Replacement of damaged carpet/floor tiles.
* General carpentry works to doors/furniture.
* Undertaking PPM completion to agreed SLA's.
* Providing a reactive service to deal with issues both in hours and out of hours
* Supporting the engineers in undertaking minor project works.
* Management of sub-contractors for service and project works.
* Meeting room furniture daily set up.
* Assisting PwC's Internal Audit Team (IAT) as required.
* Blind repairs and any other general facility requirements.
Facilities Technician/Handyman will need the following essential skills and experience:
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good level of customer focus/customer service.
* Basic computer skills (Word, Excel etc.).
* A responsive, "can-do" attitude: - pro-active & self-motivated with energy and commitment.
* Good time keeping and smart appearance.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* Able to work under pressure and to deadlines, (including outside normal office hours if required) and to have a flexible, service conscious approach.
* Be punctual and have a proven sickness and time-keeping record.