Newcastle upon Tyne
£37000 - £40000 per annum + See advert
10 days ago
X-Ray Service Engineer
Up to £40,000 plus benefits
An industry leading provider of digital radiography systems is looking for a Service Engineer to join their expanding business.
Described by current employees as a nice place to work with lots of recognition and opportunities for progression.
This employer is also willing to provide training providing a rare opportunity for an engineer with no prior radiology or x-ray experience to break into the medical field.
The Role - Field Service Engineer
Following the internal transfer of an existing engineer, a new Field Service Engineer is required to join the Northern England Service Engineering team.
As the Field Service Engineer you role will be to install x-ray systems as well as provide routine maintenance and carry out reactive break down repair work.
Predominantly your customers will be hospitals with an occasional requirement to work on the x-ray systems found within veterinary sites.
As part of the Northern England Service Engineering team you could be asked to travel anywhere in this region occasionally, however the majority of your work and travel will be in Newcastle. Flexibility to travel elsewhere in the UK and Ireland may be required on occasions.
The ideal applicant will live within an hour of Newcastle.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 43.5hrs/week inclusive travel beyond which overtime is paid door to door. Weekend working is rare and there is no on call requirement.
What's on offer?
- Up to £40,000pa
- Overtime paid at x1.5 Mon-Sat x1.5 and x2 Sun/BH
- Choice of company car or car allowance £5,400pa
- Pension EE3% ER 5%
- Life assurance 4 x salary
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays.
What experience is this company looking for?
- Strong electro-mechanical hardware fault finding and repair skills.
- Strong software or IT or networking skills.
- Prior experience in a field-based role.
- X-ray or medical engineering experience is beneficial but NOT essential. Training is provided.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Strong customer service, communication, and team work skills.
- Valid, UK driving licence.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
What happens next?
To begin your application click APPLY NOW. Your CV will be forwarded to a CBSbutler representative. Should you be suitable they will be in touch within 5 working days.