£25000 - £30000 per annum + overtime, benefits
about 1 year ago
Field Support Engineer
West London / South London & M4 Corridor
£25-30KPA DOE plus travel, overtime, bonus and commission
Salary: Up to £30k (experience dependent) + bonus (if reach target get an extra £100/m) + commission (if condemn a unit and measure up for replacement) + company van + paid overtime. Pay door to door as long as working 8hrs/ day (measured from arrival time at first job and leaving time from last job of the day) + paid on call - £10/d standby + £60 for call out and double time per hour out. 1 week in 3.
Hours: 37.5 per week, generally 9.00 to 5.00 with some flexibility, plus overtime. Participation in an out of hours on call emergency service may be required. Lunch Break 1/2 hour
Location: need to be living in/close to the above areas.
Job: Field Support & installation engineer to carry out ADHOC repairs, service and installation of medical equipment. It is anticipated that a percentage of work may be away from local Area and stayovers will be needed. This is a requirement of the job and out of area pay is in addition to the basic wage, travel time, accommodation and sustenance.
You will be repairing and assisting with Servicing, Testing and installations of a wide range of Medical and Home Care Equipment, Primarily Patient Lifting Equipment - Hoists, but also including Specialist Baths, Beds, Stair and Through Floor Lifts. For: individual Clients, the NHS, Social Services, Health Authorities and Private sector Residential Homes.
- Stairlift service, repair AND OR Installation experience
- The candidate will be a professional and competent engineer with a good knowledge of Mechanics and Electrics, together with an ability to fault find. Training on the products we cover will be given in house and on suppliers courses.
- He/she should be able to work on their own initiative, be clean and tidy in carrying out their work, be Safety conscious, pay attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and legible records.
- They will be of a presentable appearance and able to communicate, as they are representing the company and will be dealing with the managing staff of Health Authorities through to the general public.
- As a company we supply services to the elderly and infirm and as such are required to request references from the Criminal Reference Bureau (enhanced level). Personal references will be required and taken up.
- The work can be demanding and as such candidates will need to be physically fit, as the lifting and moving of Equipment will be necessary within the guidance of Health and Safety. By the nature of our work and the locations visited, engineers are required to have cover for Tetanus and Hepatitis B.
- A driving License, preferably clean, is essential, as the candidate will be provided with a company vehicle, the details for use of which will be issued separately.
- You will be expected to provide and use your own basic tools, which will be supplemented by specialist items and test equipment which will remain the property of the company. Justified breakages will be replaced at the discretion of the company.