File Transmissions Engineering Specialist
Location- London or Sheffield
Paying between £270 - £300
6 Month initial contract
The File Transmissions Engineering Team are responsible for the products, technology and standards supporting file transfers across the HSBC group for all lines of business. The team delivers a number of technologies that provide highly reliable, resilient and secure services. The team is responsible for all aspects of the project lifestyle ensuring that bank policies, guidelines, governance and standards are defined where necessary and followed. Team members are expected to identify new process and procedure, deliver updates to global standards and continually seek improvement of themselves and the File Transmissions Domain globally.
This role requires a high degree of technical proficiency in the products and areas listed below. The candidate will need to both define and deliver superior engineering solutions to complex engineering and product challenges with minimal guidance and assistance.
- IBM Sterling Control Center Implementation, Configuration and Operation for SFG, SSP and C:D
- Requirements gathering and stakeholder management
- Excellent general knowledge of file transfer protocols and products
- Competent Windows/Linux script creation and implementation
- Leading and delivering change to processes and systems
- Strong sense of 'do the right thing' in relation to standards and governance
- A strong level of IT literacy, including a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure (operating systems, networking, security)
- The ability to manage self workload, set and meet customer expectations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hands on administration experience of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems