£42.00 - £47.00 per hour
7 months ago
Salary/Rate: £42.00per - £47.00per hour
6 Months contract
Location: Royston Hertfordshire
Role: Firmware/Software Developer, Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
A world renowned Medical/Pharmaceutical manufacturer that specialise in manufacturing laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment are looking for a Firmware Developer to join their machine control team in the Research and development department. This will be 6 months contract initially but strong possibility to be extended in the future.
You will be developing software on microprocessors in the firmware of my client's products. It is expected that you will work across different projects dependent on the customer requirements and workloads.
Responsibilities - Firmware Developer - Hertfordshire
- Design, implementation and testing of embedded software/firmware to provide machine control solutions for integrated electronics.
- Creation, migration, extension and integration of firmware libraries for microprocessor applications.
- Development and execution of test plans to demonstrate functionality of the embedded software/firmware solutions, including unit, module and integration testing.
- Collaboration with 3rd parties to ensure that delivered embedded software/firmware solutions are well understood, characterised and maintainable.
- Pro-active contribution to development projects with the ability to work with hardware and software engineers to understand the requirements of the whole system.
Experience/Qualifications - Firmware Developer - Hertfordshire
- Degree qualified with at least a 2:1, ideally in Software Engineering with strong understanding of embedded software/firmware, or substantial industry experience.
- Experienced in software design and implementation for control and automation purposes
- Strong knowledge of Microprocessors
- Previous experience with C++ for embedded software/firmware solutions
- Implemented of peripheral drivers on microprocessors using the PERIPH drivers.
- Experience with Real time solutions using Super Loop architectures
- Excellent planning skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player
If you are interested and match the criteria above, please do not hessite and 'APPLY NOW'. CBSbutler is acting as an employment business for this role.