Firmware Test Engineer
Southampton - £200 - 235 p/d
An opportunity to join an Electronics R&D company on a 12 month contract has arisen for a Firmware Test Engineer working as part of the software team. The firmware tester will be supporting testing of pre-integrated software components as well as integration and end-to end testing & firmware validation activities.
The role will include
- Supporting the software team in testing and validation of the firmware.
- Identify and write acceptance criteria for each user story including creation of test cases and test data.
- Create manual and automated tests that are robust, concise and readable.
- Document test results.
- Identify issues, documenting them and assigning accurate severity using a bug tracking system
We would be looking for you to showcase the following skills:
- Hands on embedded system testing.
- Experience of exploratory testing and ability to design and execute effective test cases.
- Problem analysis, for example, using logs or debugging tools.
- Understanding of version control system (GIT) and CI/CD pipelines to trigger execution of test scripts.
For more details apply now