£600 - £650 per day
about 1 month ago
Frontend Web Developer -BT
Rate: £600-£650 per day (inside ir35)
Contract: 12 months
Remote Working: First couple month fully on site - then move to hybrid working
Why this job matters:
Applied Research (AR) is a large multi-disciplined 'professional services' engineering practice. The team is organised in key customer focused capabilities which each have sub-capability areas comprising single or multiple engineering delivery projects.
Our AR mantra is "Technical Excellence in Delivery" and we deliver some amazing technical capabilities for our customers which can only happen if we recruit, train and support our people
The purpose of this role is to be a technical specialist in an Applied Research profession and provide technical leadership to a project delivery team which gives them complete technical project delivery responsibility.
You'll be working on a data visualisation and presentation platform. You'll be helping us expand its functionality and improve the users experience.
- Understand customer problems and work on technical solutions
- Investigate and recommend new toolsets and processes to help develop and deploy our software
- Work with end users to design and prototype new UI features
- Build accessible, responsive design web UI functionality
- Develop backend functionality and APIs
- Use automated test tools for unit, integration and system tests
- Develop training plans & materials
- Share knowledge both within the team and with our Special Interest Groups
- Influence customer decision making on technical areas, driving forward their roadmap
- Take ownership of planning, developing and delivering projects
- Makes technical decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives
- Collaborate with customers to understand complex technical problems
- Design and develop bespoke solutions
- Investigate, analyse and recommended existing software libraries and products to meet requirements
- Participate in the code review process
- Create test suites to verify code correctness
- Participates in external activities related to own specialism, e.g. attending technical conferences, knowledge sharing
- Explain and present technical areas back to the team & customers as part of knowledge sharing sessions
- Produce technical documentation
- Be able to quickly upskill on new technologies through a combination of self learning and external courses
- Member of a professional body appropriate to area of specialism.
- Security Clearance: A DV level of National Security Vetting will be required for this role. You will have existing clearance or be eligible for security clearance.