£13.85 - £18.40 per annum + + 28-33 days paid holiday
22 days ago
Goods In Operative
Location: Cambourne, Cambridgeshire
Duration: 1 year, rolling contract £13.85/hr PAYE or £18.40/hr Umbrella
Hours: Monday-Friday 07:15-16.00 (some flexibility on start and finish time)
A leading manufacturer of high tech microscopes is now seeking a Goods In Operative to join their busy Production Planning and Logistics department, supporting the production of Scanning Electron Microscopes.
This is an initial 1 year contract paying £13.85 per hour (PAYE) or £18.40 per hour (Umbrella), based in Cambourne, Cambridgeshire.
A global distributor of electro-mechanical Scanning Electron Microscopes used within the highly regulated life sciences, manufacturing, research, teaching and clinical fields.
A well-established, stable organisation offering the security of a long-term contract and an opportunity to gain experience and upskill within a niche field working on a unique product.
The Role - Goods In Operative
As a Goods In Operative you will be responsible for delivering all necessary parts in a timely manner direct to the production flow line to ensure their availability.
Working as part of a team of two, your duties will include the following;
- All parts to be unloaded from lorry and decanted onto specific deliver trollies - no cardboard to be pushed into area.
- Responsibility for ensuring all necessary parts are on the designated kitting trolley in a timely manner to meet start dates and delivered to specific areas.
- Ensure the kitting list is available for each kitting trolley and that it is updated and displayed in a visual manner.
- Culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for receiving and returning of goods to and from warehouse via manifest (Supplier Returns)
- Responsible for daily checks of fork lift
- Location Compliance with Company procedures and controls (ISO 9001 &ISO14001) as defined.
- Perform other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Comply with company Health and safety procedures.
What is on offer - Goods In Operative?
- £13.85 per hour (PAYE) or £18.40 per hour (Umbrella)
- Security - long term contract of 1 year with a likelihood of going permanent.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank) increasing to 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) after 12 weeks (PAYE contractors only)
What is required to apply?
- Prior experience as a Goods In Operative (or similar role e.g. Warehouse Operative, Logistics Operative, Storesperson or Despatch Operative) in any industry
- Live locally to Cambourne, Cambridgeshire
- Able to start with 2 weeks notice or less (ideally but not essential)
- Hard working, reliable, seeking a long term commitment
What happens next?
Click APPLY NOW to being your application. Should you be suitable a CBSbutler representative will be in touch within 2 working days!