£20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent
almost 2 years ago
Graduate Technician/Assistant Engineer (Marine)
Working as part of a team of specialist test engineers, the Technician or Assistant Engineer (Graduate Engineer) will contribute to the provision of a Marine Electronics testing service, performing testing on Emergency Radio Beacons and Marine Navigation / Radar products. The role will also include developing the test methods for new services and helping to improve and reduce waste in the testing processes, requiring the initiation of efficiency improvements and involvement in continuous improvement projects.
Graduate candidates will also have the opportunity to join our Graduate Development/Progression Scheme to ensure a full understanding of all business functions and operations.
The opportunity offers a competitive salary package and a modern working environment with a subsidised on-site Restaurant and Gym and support in finding local accommodation if required. The site is close to bus routes, Junction 9 of the M27 and Swanwick railway station.
* Testing of Emergency Radio Beacons / Marine products to COSPAS SARSAT / RTCM / IEC / EN test standards both within the chambers and radio test laboratories at Octagon House and offsite, which could be within the UK or overseas.
* Recording test results using various electronic logbook systems and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
* Development of new services, test methods and other departmental documentation.
* Technically supporting customers during attended testing.
* Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements or defined Test Plan supplied by the customer.
* Helping to develop and refine test plans with the customer.
* Close liaison with the Supervisor to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the timescales allowed.
* Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with RF and / or Marine electronics content.
* An understanding of, and experience using, marine electronics and navigation equipment.
* Quick learner with an interest in RF and Marine Electronics.
* A good understanding of analogue and digital communications technologies.
* Data manipulation and analysis skills.
* Motivated and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn.
* Flexible approach to work - willing to work shift/overtime or on customer sites as and when required.
* Good understanding of using IT systems such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to deliver work independently or as a team, to defined deadlines.
* Conscientious with good interpersonal, customer skills and commercial awareness.
* Full Driving Licence
* Experience using general RF test equipment such as spectrum/network analyser, signal generator, RF power meter etc
* Experience in performing RF accredited testing.
* An understanding of the requirements of the COSPAS SARSAT / RTCM / IEC / EN standards.
* Working knowledge of SharePoint