£17 - £20 per hour
over 2 years ago
Electronics Test Technician (6 Month Contract)
£17.00 - £20.00 per hour (Limited company only)
Do you want to work for a global high-tech company that are one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security sector?
Well my client are currently recruiting for a Electronics Test Technician (on a 6 month contract basis) working for Manufacturing & Supply chain, within a Production and development environment.
Working with a small team of Technicians, the successful applicant will be responsible for testing production and customer owned hardware, fault finding and diagnosis of faults to board level, basic assembly of hardware plus programming of modules using a variety of ATE and software packages.
Due to the nature of work performed within this area, the successful applicant will also have a proven track record of technical ability using test equipment and a natural fault finding ability whilst being able to work to tight timescales and demanding deadlines.
* Maintain safe working practices within the work area at all times in accordance with internal procedures and current health and safety legislation.
* Knowledge of and adherence to ESD disciplines at all times * Basic assembly of LRI's as guided by internal manufacturing documentation
* Test hardware using a variety of software packages * Operation of thermal chambers and vibration equipment (specific training provided)
* Run periodic calibration/ self-checks on test equipment
* Work with Engineering, Industrial Engineering and other supporting departments
* Being flexible in approach to work and hours of work including possible overtime
* Provide regular status updates to Team Leader
* Maintain a clean and tidy working area at all times
* Proven technical background with hands on testing & fault finding experience
* Proficient use of IT (Prolonged use of Display Screen Equipment)
* Proven use of test equipment
* Ability to read and understand written instructions and to record all work performed within SAP and other supporting documentation
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and take responsibility for targets set on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis.
* Excellent communication skills are essential in order to work effectively within the IPT and also feed back any blocking issues to Team Leader
* Familiar with working in a screened laboratory environment
* Contact with COSHH items.
If you interested in the role, please 'APPLY NOW' to find out more