£65000 - £75000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Head of Manufacturing
Manufacturing; Production; Complex Engineering; Operations; Technology
Defence; Aerospace; Space; Automotive; Medical Science; Security
£65,000 - £75,000 + excellent benefits
Across the globe we deliver innovative developments in technology for high performance systems and equipment across Civil Aerospace, Defence & Security, Space, Industrial, Medical & Science applications.
Our products are everywhere: hospitals, planes, ships and even outer space. They do many incredible things - including saving and protecting people's lives by finding and treating cancer, helping map our planet and the universe, and freezing the atom down to 0° Kelvin.
With a long and enviable history of technical and scientific innovation, we are always working at the forefront of technology.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- To drive a safe and healthy working environment for employees
- Responsibility for approximately 250 employees within manufacturing and support all areas of the business: Maintenance, Continuous Improvement
- Effectively plan and allocate manufacturing resource within a complex manufacturing environment to meet current and predicted customer requirements, ensuring that the quality of products continuously exceeds customer requirements and associated standards;
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through manufacturing teams, to improve manufacturing processes and reduce costs, whilst increasing efficiency through use of manufacturing principles
- Drive evidence-driven problem solving within the team to ensure the effective and proactive resolution of issues;
- Contribute to the creation of an appropriate operational strategy for the success, in partnership with the other Manufacturing Managers & VP of Operations
- Develop, maintain and monitor appropriate Key Performance Indicators for the team and drive year-on-year improvements to meet targets for quality, volume and cost;
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process in collaboration with the other Manufacturing Mangers & VP of Operations.
- Be an active and key member of the Operations Leadership team
- Mentor, manage and develop a team of Manufacturing managers and departments heads.
- Education to degree level / professional qualification;
- Successful track record of applying continuous improvement techniques, quality approaches and change management techniques to deliver business efficiencies;
- Previous experience of managing people across multiple business functions including S&OP Planning;
- Successful track record of strong cost management;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in finding out more, please do not hesistate and 'APPLY NOW'