£70000 - £75000 per annum
5 months ago
Head of Projects
London / Nationwide
£70,000 - £75,000 + Package
Purpose of the Role:
Our client is a market leader within the BMS Controls market and they are currently looking to take on a Head of Projects. They drive customer value through integration solutions across the energy system, building performance, user productivity and experience as increasing asset value. Their current portfolio of solutions has applications across a variety of markets including but not limited to Businesses, Domestic and the Public sector including Health, Education and Local / Central Government.
Reporting to the Operations Director the 'Head of Projects' will be responsible for the successful design and delivery of complex projects from deal inception at business development phase through to the delivery of the overarching customer objectives.
- Deliver projects across the Smart Buildings business areas.
- Supporting the Business Development team with solution design and costing.
- Project implementation, delivery, documentation, supply chain, handover management.
- Working with the Operations Director to ensure projects are appropriately resourced
- Project stakeholder management
- Responsibility for Health &Safety on relevant projects.
- Implementation & compliance with all statutory procedures.
- Financial management & reporting.
- Management of key supply chain relationships required in the delivery of such projects
- Co-ordinates all operational resource to deliver operational effectiveness
- Proactively and professionally manages client relationships, delivering superior customer satisfaction at all levels
- Ensures compliance with all company programmes, processes and procedures
- Ensures that both the company and client Health and Safety policies are clearly understood and implemented throughout the team
- Identifies opportunities to enhance operational effectiveness
- Escalates any major issues appropriately
- Actively lives, demonstrates and supports the company values and operating principles
- Collects, reports, tracks, and manages from a standard set of performance metrics in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness in a prescribed manner
- To maintain day to day contact with internal and external representatives to review and resolve operational matters within projects.
- To respond rapidly to short term operational issues arising from existing projects.
- Provide regular updates and management information on project performance.
- Supports the recruitment, retention, motivation and development of the team and improve morale
- Manages performance of the team against clear objectives and expectations
- Engages the HR team to ensure that best practice appropriate to the needs of the business is applied across all site operations
- Builds team dynamic through training, support, development, and attaining buy-in from staff
- Demonstrates leadership behaviours for both direct reports where applicable and the wider delivery teams.
Business Development / Financial Management
- Takes charge of P&L and commercial performance of the contract
- Contributes to budget planning and reviews financial performance against budget
- Supports in the process of identifying opportunities, deploying strategies and implementing practical solutions to best deliver on viable business opportunities
- Deploys the strategic account development plan, monitoring and reviewing its effectiveness against plan
- Ensure that the day to day operations within each project are conducted to the highest standards of safety taking account of all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- To bring to the teams' attention any safety issue related to the project.
- To conduct day to day operations with due regard to environmental standards, legislation and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that the highest quality standards are applied in all areas of day to day activity in order to satisfy and maintain standards and the requirements of external quality verification.
Managing Risks/ Opportunities and Issues
- Setting up and maintaining the project risk and issues strategy and processes, ensuring any escalations are dealt with by the appropriate individual or group within the project.
- Collating risks and opportunities and issues from all workstreams at project level, analysing and recommending actions.
- Analysing all significant risks and making recommendations or initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Managing Director
- Director - New Business
- Development Director
- Senior Solutions Architect
- Head of Development Software and Hardware
- Solutions Architect leaders
- Wider Leadership and Account Management
- Customers and Supply Chain
Knowledge and Skills
The job holder will have:
- Technical expertise, qualifications in an engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role.
- Understanding of BMS / Controls & Buildings Services.
- Knowledge of key operational procedures, eg, project road maps, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Full knowledge of information technology, Microsoft projects, Windows, spreadsheets, keyboard skills, etc
The role will encompass designing and delivery of integration architecture therefore the candidate should have excellent knowledge and understanding of:
- BEMs / Controls
- Building Services
- Life Safety Systems
- Location based Services
- Audio Visual
- Air Conditioning
- Access / Security
- IP Based services
- Preferably a minimum of 10 years experience operating in project management roles within the BMS / Controls Building services industry.
- Demonstrate experience in managing projects to a value of £3m +
- Demonstrate experience of managing Health & Safety compliance
- Demonstrate experience of estimating project costs, and presenting high quality tender documents to customers
- Demonstrate IT literacy capability for software applications such as AUTOCAD, Intellect (accounts) plus full literacy with Microsoft Office suite. Incl. MS Project
- Demonstrate experience and competency with PDA and mobile telephone software and applications.
- Demonstrate experience of managing/supporting/coaching a team of people to deliver quality projects to stakeholders.
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Self Motivated
- Curious and Data inquisitive
- Keen to engage with and adopt new technologies and analytical techniques
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Engaging leader with ability to motivate a team