CDI - 1201190_1667491639
Up to £55000 per annum + plus bonus/benefits
25 days ago
Job title: 3rd Line HPC Engineer
Salary: £55k plus bonus
SC security clearance is required for this role
I am looking for support staff, for a client of mine who are a leading IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence sector, with experience in using Linux-based clusters to support a high-performance computing platform operating at a high security level. Your role will support the dedicated High-Performance Compute elements of the solution.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited too):
- Support the dedicated High-Performance Compute elements of the solution
- Application running and benchmarking HPC applications such as Abaqus/LS Dyna/Open Foam/Fluent/SLES Enterprise
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements, and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation, or workshops.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business to deliver and enhance the service.
Mandatory technical skills:
- Linux administration. Such as: SuSE or RedHat - any modern Linux distribution admin experience will be considered.
- Cluster management solutions. Such as: Bright Cluster manager, PXE booting, OpenHPC, Warewulf or Rocks
Beneficial technical skills:
- Experience using or managing HPC clusters. Such as: Beowulf, OpenStack or Hadoop
- Experience managing batch scheduling systems. Such as: PBS Pro, Slurm, SGE/UGE, Microsoft Scheduler
- Experience with scientific or engineering applications. Such as LSDyna, Altair Hyperworks, Abaqus
- Scripting skills: Primarily Bash, but any shell scripting along with Python and Perl.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029