Birmingham, West Midlands
£45 - £70 per hour
11 months ago
HSE/Health & Safety Leader (Construction/Engineering)
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Contract: 11 months initial
Pay Rate: Up to £70/hr
Work Location: West Midlands/Birmingham
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Working Hours: 8.30am - 16.30pm
Brief summary of position's purpose or role - the primary objective of the role
The Health, Safety & Environmental Leader reports directly to the ISC Site Leader and has a functional reporting line to the Area Service Manager. Responsibilities include providing technical advice and support with respect to matters impacting occupational safety, health and environment for the Redditch/Leicester facilities.
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive HSE Management System, combined with a continuous improvement environment. You will a key professional in the HSE function. You will drive key activities and HSE performance metrics for Field Operations. You will accomplish this by establishing strong working relationships with the employees.
Describe the key tasks / activities that are necessary to fulfil the purpose of the role - remember these actions should not be key "goals" - these should be reviewed and allocated annually as part of the performance development program
- Compliance to corporate requirements and legislation.
- Represent HSE on Redditch and Leicester Facilities
- Establish relationships and processes with business managers to influence all employees to meet HSE goals and objectives.
- Elimination of workplace accidents, environmental incidents and ill health within their respective area of control.
- Work with the HSE Team to identify actions required to maintain HSE Certification to OHSAS 18001:1999, AS4801:2001, ISO 1800 and ISO45001. Assure compliance on all HSE Standards where applicable.
- Develops, recommends and implements practical, functional approaches to resolve safety, health and environmental issues in support of location strategies for achieving stakeholder satisfaction and regulatory/policy compliance.
- Provides advice on safety, health and environmental issues and works with employees at all organizational levels to progress corrective action strategies. Serves as an adviser and facilitator to safety committees.
- Delivers safety, health and environment training on required regulatory, corporate and site-specific topics. Advises on content of third party training as required.
- Reviews current and proposed regulations/corporate requirements and recommends appropriate program measures to ensure compliance.
- Serves as the site HSE audit Coordinator to ensure continuous improvement and ongoing compliance.
- Have sound knowledge of the client Operating System tools & processes.
- Works closely with regional and site HOS leaders to drive strong HSE integration into HOS across business and site.
- Coordinates loss prevention insurance reviews and associated action plans. Oversees Inspection, repairs and maintenance of site alarm, and access control systems. Arranges for system tests as required by government regulations, NFPA and company requirements.
- Utilizes six-sigma tools and behaviour-based safety strategies to guide injury prevention efforts.
- Facilitates root cause analyses of significant injuries and incidents. Assist management in conducting investigations into incidents and prepares appropriate written reports.
- Monitor incident trends and produce management reports.
- Conducts internal safety, health and environmental audits to verify compliance levels. Evaluates site HSE management system, procedures and processes and implements changes to maximize effectiveness.
- Develops site specific safety, health, and environment policies/procedures and ensures that requirements are effectively integrated into standard operating procedures.
- Provides expertise during concept and design phases of products and manufacturing processes to ensure that sound safety and health control methodologies are integrated in design. Conducts process hazard assessments as warranted.
- Performs ergonomic assessments and provides technical guidance to employees to minimize risks associated with material handling, repetitive motion and workstation design.
- Reviews new chemicals from a safety and health perspective and ensures appropriate controls are established prior to introduction into the workplace.
- Interfaces with regulatory and local law enforcement agencies.
- Leads the deployment of a solid risk assessment process and drives this culture by coaching and training all employees on site.
- Performs the periodic reporting of HSE metrics as expected by local & Client requirements and completion of the annual SAT process.
- Leads the site Product Stewardship activities and partners with appropriate organizations.
- Facilitates and manages the interface between site and Facilities management.
Key Success Factors (Key Metrics / KPIs / Deliverables)
- Total compliance by management, employees and contractors.
- On time reporting and maintenance of documentation.
- Continual reviewing and improvements to safety and environmental management systems.
- Recognition as the first point of call for all safety and environmental issues.
Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org