City of London, London
£45000 - £60000 per annum + Package
about 2 years ago
Intelligent Building Management Systems Team.
Central within the IBG are engineers that focus on user roles, leveraging use cases upon big data made available by the digital transformation of buildings, and provide user experience on this data through various user interfaces (UI's). Within the IBMS team, we design technical solutions to consume and normalise data into a "big data" platform, apply metadata to enrich the data sets, and design the leverage of use cases from upon this common normalised data set around building user, FM, and analytic "data mining" roles.
What we are looking for.
The ideal candidate will have skills in the following areas:
- Understanding of Edge and Cloud IT platforms.
- Good basis of knowledge in physical and cyber security principles.
- Understanding of IOT, MQTT protocols, IOT wireless protocols such as LoRa.
- Understanding of Analytic theory, and associated technical data gathering requirements.
- Understanding of web service API integrations.
- Understanding of app technology backend and front end design principles.
- Understanding of web technologies, XML, HTTP etc.
- Capability to develop wire frames for UI designs.
Additional skills in the following areas would be an advantage
- Client facing and clear communication skills.
- Solid electrical and mechanical engineering background.
- Understanding of high level IT, such as network design (core and access layer), structured cabling, and wired and Wi-Fi design principles.
- Detailed design capability in systems such as BMS, lighting, energy metering networks.
- Understanding of Industrial standard open protocols such as BACnet and OPC.
- Understanding of proprietary systems and specialist system protocols, such as DALI (lighting) and TREND (BMS) as examples.
- Understanding of open protocol middle ware solutions, known as IBMS (integrated building management systems) such as TRIDIUM as an example.
- Solid report writing skills, and ability to convey new concepts in visual forms such as flow charts and topologies.
- Understanding of data base principles.
- Ability to create integrated data solutions, sketch out physical and data topologies, and understand their relationships.
- Revit/CAD / MS Visio / PowerPoint / MS OFFICE
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career. Other benefits include:
- Private medical scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- For Principal engineer - car allowance
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation