£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Location: Reading (currently remote due to COVID but will be officed based after)
Perm full time
SC Cleared or eligible for SC Clearance
Salary: £40-45kPA + Benefits
This is a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced ILS engineer to join an exciting engineering consultancy who provide key service integration capabilities and engineering consultancy, specialising in the delivery of cost-effective support solutions for Communications and Information Systems.
The ILS Engineer would be providing support to the ILS Manager for delivery of work packages from concept to completion covering a range of ILS and ARM activities supporting the Programme.
The successful candidate should have prior experience delivering ILS solutions and be able to demonstrate knowledge of ILS principles.
ILS Engineer responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of ILS and Supportability Engineering plans and day to day implementation of processes.
- Completion of the ILS and Supportability Engineering deliverables to known deadlines and schedules.
- Provide detailed Subject Matter Expertise (SME) input to Engineering Community and to the customer.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the ILS Programme.
- Assist in the development of ILS and Engineering solutions to Requests for Change (RFCs) within tight timescales.
- Produce monthly reports for ILS and ARM activity against Statement of Work (SOW).
- Support the ILS Review and Management Boards as appropriate.
ILS Engineer essential Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 3 years plus experience in ILS position.
- Engineering Degree in related discipline (experienced ILS Engineers without a degree
- will also be considered).
- Thorough understanding of SA and knowledge of ARM.
- Understanding and working knowledge of DEF STANS 00-13, 00-40, 00-42, 00-600,
- 05-95 and equivalent Military Standards and Handbooks.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible working habits.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working with / for the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Access and Excel skills.
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role.