£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, pension
4 months ago
Information Security (Infosec) Engineer
Perm full time
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits
Benefits: Competitive pension scheme / Enhanced annual leave allowance / Company contributed Share Incentive Plan / flexible working / employee assistance programme / Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with advanced technology to minimise the risk of both cyber threats and social attacks.
As an Information Security Engineer working within the office of the CTO, you will be tasked with investigating and ensuring our products across the Maritime Sector are secure by design, achieve security accreditation and maintain security through-life.
Your main responsibilities as an Information Security Engineer will involve:
- Producing impact studies for Cyber Threat Assessment Capability and development of the solution
- Management of Product Security within the CTO
- Investigating new and emerging technologies to understand security risks, mitigations and solutions.
- Ensuring CTO compliance with CTO Security Management Plan
- Supporting CTO liaison with Academia on Product Security matters
- Designing and shaping the technical security architecture of a number of strategically important products to ensure they are secure by design
- Producing documentation such as product security architecture and Risk Management Accredited Document Set - (RMADS) for support of accreditation. Collecting evidence for the security case
- Keeping up to date in relevant security standards, process and technologies, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
Your skills and qualifications:
- Ability to identify and investigate technology to understand the security flaws and how to mitigate them
- Fundamental understanding of computer technologies, how they are networked together, different protocols, operating systems and applications.
- Good knowledge and understanding of security risk assessments and RMADS (Risk Management Accredited Document Set) or alternatively other formal security risk assessments or audits such as ISO 27000 family of standards, JSPs, NIST (National Institute of Standards in Technology) etc.
- Good technical understanding of systems and how their security aspects are applied and affect performance
- Systems engineering experience and background
- An understanding of Defence Standards/Security Regulations
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role