New Malden, London
£36000 - £51000 per annum + pension and benefits
6 months ago
Information Security Specialist
Perm - full time
Location: New Malden
Salary: £36,000 - £51,000
Benefits: Competitive pension scheme / Enhanced annual leave allowance / Company contributed Share Incentive Plan / flexible working / employee assistance programme / Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts
Defence & Maritime projects
Security Accreditation; Security architecture; Security through-life; ICT, OCT and ICS
Are you able to manage the Security Accreditation of a programme at varying points in the lifecycle? Can you ensure products meet Information Assurance requirements and that Security Risks are reduced to an acceptable level? Would you like to work with advanced technologies to minimise the risk of both cyber threats and social attacks?
As an Information Security Specialist, you will be tasked with ensuring our products across the Maritime Sector are secure by design, achieve security accreditation and maintain security through-life.
Your main responsibilities as an Information Security Specialist will involve:
- Designing and shaping the technical security architecture of strategically important products to ensure they are secure by design.
- Liaising with the system accreditor(s) and stakeholders to manage expectations, ensure that security requirements are met and the security risk is reduced to acceptable level.
- Determining security principles for the project solution to work within.
- Producing accreditation artefacts such as product security architecture and Risk Management Accredited Document Set - (RMADS) in support of accreditation. Collecting evidence for the security case.
- Responding to security questions within bid proposal documents, producing estimates, and selecting security principles and frameworks.
- Contributing to the wider Product Security Department - delivering awareness material and presentations and speaking at Special Interest Groups, improving processes.
- Keeping up to date on relevant security standards, process and technologies, developing skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services.
- Supporting the product security Special Interest Group by sharing best practice.
Your skills and qualifications as an Information Security Specialist:
- Experience in ensuring security within complex networked systems.
- Fundamental understanding of ICT, OCT and ICS technologies, how they connect together, different protocols, operating systems and applications.
- A good understanding of National Technical Authority suggested Security Frameworks and Methodologies.
- Good technical understanding of systems and how their security aspects are applied and affect performance.
- Ability to identify and investigate technology to understand security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them.
- Solid systems engineering experience and background.
- Understanding of Virtualised systems (Exposure to VMware products).
- Exposure to securing thin or zero client environments.
- Good knowledge and understanding of security risk assessments and RMADS (Risk Management Accredited Document Set) and the accreditation process.
- Familiarity of Defence Standards/Security Regulations such as JSP440, JSP604 or, other security standards such as ISO27000 and NIST.
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role