Senior Information Systems Engineer - Data Quality
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Information Systems Engineer - Data Quality at our site in Barrow.
As a Senior Information Systems Engineer - Data Quality, you will take a lead role in the delivery of medium priority data quality projects within the business.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with a variety of tasks that need to be carried out throughout the data quality process.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to define and assess data quality issues
- Analysing data using key business applications, SQL, excel and reporting tools
- Performing root cause analysis of the data quality issue with the relevant stakeholders
- Identifying both process and system solutions alongside the functional process teams and the IM&T delivery teams and competency centres
- Providing monitoring and control of a data quality issue
- Capturing key documentation in line with the data quality operating model
- Engaging with application competency centres and BI team to understand the applications and their data models
- Creating of report specifications for data quality report creation where monitoring reports are required
- Assisting in the definition of requirements for changes to the data warehouse
- Implementing or assisting in changes to the data warehouse using ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) to ensure data requirements can be met
- Providing validation between applications and the data warehouse to ensure continued quality of reports
- Supporting the management and mentoring of IM&T trainees/graduates
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent analysis/ problem solving skills
Experience of root cause analysis
Ability to engage with both technical and non-technical users to understand and capture their issues
Experience of writing SQL queries
Ability to obtain and document requirements
Understanding of the data warehouse
Knowledge of several business functions, their data and their processes
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.