£650 - £710 per day
about 1 month ago
+ 4 roles available - working on a government/police project
+ £650 to £710 per day - Inside ir35
+ Can be Berkshire or Wales based
+ Role requires SC Enhanced (SC)+ or NPPV3
Looking for a range of skills so you may be a specialist in:
+ Wintel * Unix/Linux
+ Good Wintel background + other skills
+ Scripting & Automation
The role of the Project Technical Architect is to:
* Develop and own Low-Level Designs in line with High Level Designs.
* Carry out peer review of LLDs
* Lead Technology Focus Groups to advise on best practices.
* Provide pre-sales support and cost estimates on designs, transitions and implementations.
* Mentoring to enable knowledge and skill transfer to less experienced colleagues
You should be a SME in some of the following:
Strong familiarity with virtualization concepts (Oracle VM, VMWARE, AIX LPARS)
Ability to design High Availability Enterprise Unix Solutions (Red Hat clustering, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), SUN Cluster, PowerHA (HACMP))
Ability to design Server Standards including Hardening.
Strong familiarity with virtualization concepts (MS Hyper-V and VMWare)
Ability to design High Availability Enterprise Wintel
Ability to design Server Standards including Hardening to Microsoft Best Practices.
* Ability to design network solutions, including:
* General routing and switching
* Data center technologies such as Nexus switching and load balancing
* WAN knowledge - MPLS and vendor connection deliver characteristics
* Network security including next generation firewalling, IDS, UTM
Ability to design High Availability Enterprise SAN Solutions
Mentoring to enable knowledge and skill transfer to less experienced colleagues
Lead Junior TA's
Manage small discipline teams to deliver solutions on time and to budget