CDI - 1173709_1642008458
£650 - £700 per day
7 months ago
Job Role: Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Security Clearance: DV clearance is required
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £650-£700 per day
I am recruiting an Infrastructure Automation Engineer for a client of mine who an IT systems integrator operating within the UK defence sector
As a technical specialist you'll be working within a fast-paced, constantly evolving team that uses DevOps methodologies to deliver world class secure platforms that make a real difference to our customers. From operating systems, build automation, deployment, monitoring, data storage, virtualisation and in-life management and threat detection and remediation, you'll be delivering the platforms that many of our programmes depend upon.
You'll also be deeply involved in the full engineering delivery life-cycle, including working directly with customers to understand and capture requirements/user stories, through to integration, acceptance and customer sign off.
Experience you would be expected to have
- Experience managing Hyperconverged infrastructure such vSAN, NSX-T and vSphere
- Experience with Network Automation utilising tools such as NSX-T, Ansible and/or Python
- Solid Network grounding comfortable with Cisco IOS and Firepower Operating Systems
- Experience of leading a team of technical professionals using modern software development methodologies (e.g. Atlassian and/or Gitlab).
- Experience in developing and maintaining continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines using test tooling such as Molecule, Jenkins, Pester and Robot)
- instrumenting networks and monitoring using observability platforms such as Elastic (NoSQL), Influx or Prometheus (TSDB) with experience dashboarding using tools such as Grafana or Kibana.
- System integration skills using programming/scripting languages such as Python, Powershell and Bash.
- Worked on hybrid cloud/on premise virtualisation and container platforms (e.g VMware and/or Kubernetes).