CDI - 1174357_1650462214
Up to £550 per day
about 1 month ago
Job title: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Hampshire (Hybrid working available 2/3 days per week on site)
Contract: 6 Months+
Rate: £550 per day inside ir35
Security clearance at SC level is required for this role
The preferred candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and support of the MS/Wintel based infrastructure, including Citrix Xenapp, across 6 sites in the UK. This includes:
- Active Directory management
- Group Policy creation and management
- Deploying server updates and patches
- Updating published applications
- DNS management
- Anti-Virus management and updates
- Developing endpoint builds using MECM (SCCM) and deploying them
- You will also be the SME for 2 front end applications, one hosted on IBM Desktop hardware and the other integrated and hosted on a 3rd party managed desktop solution.
You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 - 2019, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems including Windows XP, 7 and 10.
- Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
- Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829