£400 - £500 per day
7 months ago
2 month initial contract
Based in Northampton
£400 - £500 per day DOE
Hands-on role that will be responsible for the build, test and implementation of all aspects of the infrastructure, ensuring high standards of build quality, repeatability and delivery are maintained.
* Manage the build and deployment of all aspects of the infrastructure including management of the build and delivery systems/processes.
* Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current process and exercise judgment in the decision-making process in order to provide excellent customer experience.
* Implementation of automated deployment processes and utilization of cloud based services.
* Maintain patch levels across Windows server estate
* Ensuring all solutions are documented and successfully transitioned into service.
* Working with all areas of the IT Team with regards to planning and implementation of major project work.
* Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
* Providing technical support to different teams within the IT organization.
* Experience working in a comparable role in an enterprise environment.
* Demonstrate and foster a collaborative team approach and interact well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice.
* A practical individual who is also comfortable strategizing and dividing their time between project work, support and maintenance.
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with continual demands and changing priorities.
* Strong, confident, self-motivated and willing to take ownership and accountability for the current and future core technology stack in operation at MBGP.
* Used to working and adhering to the ITIL Framework for Service Design, Transition and Operation.
* Demonstrable documentation skills including HLD, LLD, user training and technical how to documents.
* Advanced knowledge of the latest versions of Windows Server
* VMWare - Citrix - Hyper V
* Experience with x86 server blade and rack-dense technologies including Cisco & HP
* Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
* Cisco UCS and Networking.
* Microsoft Cloud - Office365, Azure.
* Experience with Microsoft virtualization technologies including RDS, AppV & Hyper V
* Experience with storage platforms/hardware including PURE, NetApp, Brocade, QLogic & HP
* System Management Applications (HP SIM, SCOM, SCCM)
* Scripting, PowerShell, Chef