City of London, London
£30000 - £55000 per annum
9 months ago
+ Full time Permanent
+ Location: Full time on site at either London, Gloucestershire, Lancashire or Manchester
+ Salary £30,000 - £55,000 DOE
+ Will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with a high-level (DV) Developed Vetting Clearance
25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
This is an amazing opportunity to join a very sophisticated IT site that can offer innovative technologies and serious career growth. Are you ready to grow and join an Organisation that can make a difference? As part of this experienced team of 3rd and 4th line Engineers, you will be responsible for second / third line support to a variety of desktop systems. This includes performing installations, maintenance, performance optimisation and solving problems on a wide range of desktop infrastructure technologies. This role would be ideal for someone who is currently working as a 2nd/3rd Line Support.
- In depth technical support of a Windows desktop solution, including troubleshooting and problem/defect root cause analysis seeing through to full resolution.
- Management of virtual desktop infrastructures hosted within Citrix XenDesktop.
- Test and Release Windows desktop security patches.
- Creation and maintenance of Windows desktop automated builds (MDT & SCCM)
- Maintenance of AD Group Policies applicable to the desktop estate.
- Use proactive monitoring methods/tools to identify problem prevention and continual improvement opportunities.
- Handle customer problems promptly; escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Be agreeable to participating in a 24x7 call-out rota and working some evenings and weekends if necessary.
You need to have:
- Understanding of patch management and deploy patches
- Experience in MS Exchange, VMWare, Citrix VDI, Remote access \ VPNs, Windows Server 2016 (AD \ GPO \ PowerShell) and Windows10
- Understanding of computer networks.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.