Infrastructure Engineer - DV Cleared
Perm - full time
£35-40KPA + Pension + Benefits
You will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with a DV Clearance
An experienced Infrastructure Engineer is required for this interesting and challenging role.
We require a motivated and skilled IT engineer to work as part of a small team of IT specialists who support a standalone secure system that underpins a scientific analysis capability for approximately 60 users, providing a range of capabilities and services to produce reference material, core skill training and publications to MoD customers.
The Team are responsible for the maintenance and development of the system, including supporting IT Health Check and accreditation activities. The job holder will be expected to provide expert advice and guidance to the user community and to forge and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, customers, strategic partners and 3rd party suppliers.
The individual will be required to:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain the systems Windows environment, using a bug tracking tool, ensuring that policies, processes and procedures are up to date and accurate.
- Plan for and integrate new acoustic analysis capabilities and services (as directed by the Facility Manager), liaising with key internal stakeholders such as project managers, management, analysts and developers, and external stakeholders including suppliers, Technical Governance and Information Assurance team and the strategic IT partner.
- Responsibility for the continued application of accreditation and security controls (including the organisation of and remediation activities from IT Health Check activity, client /server patching, AV updates etc.) relating to the system.
- Provision of IT orientated advice and guidance to the team and to the user community.
- Contribution towards the technical road mapping and direction of the system.
- Representation of the team at internal and external meetings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Client (Win 7 & 10) and Server (2012R2, 2016, 2019) administration including :-
- Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
- PowerShell scripting
- System Centre Configuration Manager
- Windows auditing.
- Windows Server Update Services
- IT hardware fault finding
- Experience of version control technologies
- Experience of working within an IT service desk or administration environment
- Qualification to A level/NVQ standard or professional qualification in a relevant subject and/or equivalent experience
- The job is open to UK nationals only and is subject to DV clearance and Sensitive Post Checks (SPC).
- Working knowledge of IP network administration, ideally with a Cisco background
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of working to the MOD requirements for secure computing (JSP440, SPF, GPG etc.)
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework (operations)
- Microsoft professional qualification.
- Professional membership of a relevant body or similar accreditation is desirable (i.e. Institute of Information Security Professionals, British Computer Society).