£450 - £475 per day + Inside IR35
3 months ago
Wintel Infrastructure Engineer x 2
Remote Working - with travel to customer sites when required
£450-475 per day inside IR35
6-month contract (with likely extension)
Wintel Infrastructure Engineer Description
The successful Wintel Infrastructure Engineer will join a highly skilled team of project delivery engineers responsible for the delivery of complex projects across multiple secure clients. The role will require a flexible working ethic and a pragmatic approach to IT project delivery.
The Wintel Infrastructure Engineer will have experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects along with a broad understanding across a range of capabilities. They will have a keen interest in innovation combined with a willingness to implement new ways of working and automation. This role predominantly requires an in-depth knowledge of the implementation of VMWare & Wintel technologies.
Wintel Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities
- Cross-technology skilled & experienced subject matter expert who can lead on complex projects.
- Contribute innovative ideas, technologies, scripts and initiatives to deliver a next-generation, automated IT infrastructure to support operations.
- Work closely with developers, architects, project managers and stakeholders in a DevOps model of working. This includes rapid releases, continuous improvement, very close collaboration and a willingness to learn and deliver.
- Establish, complete accurate documentation of server builds, operating parameters and support processes.
- Install and configure hardware, including rack-mounted servers and blades.
- Install and configure software solutions
- Review and input into solutions prior to execution.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Windows Server 2012 to 2019
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
Desirable skills and knowledge/certifications:
- Any Microsoft / Citrix / VMWare certification
- Storage Technologies - DELL\EMC\HP
- Backup Technologies
CBSbutler is acting as an employment business for this role.