£400 - £450 per day
over 1 year ago
Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Rate: £400 - £450 (Inside IR35)
Mid-level engineering experience of enterprise infrastructure platforms - architecture, design, development, integration, customisation & implementation. Specifically in building scalable, reliable and secure virtualisation platforms and management platforms.
Solid knowledge on managing the life-cycle of virtual machines and containers, with an in-depth understanding of scheduling, security and compliance challenges and operational considerations.
Proficiency in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as PowerShell, bash, Python, C# or Go.
Clear understanding of network OSI model and protocols, good concepts of network name spaces, network overlay and BGP, ready to troubleshoot and diagnose network/load balancer/firewall related issues.
Experienced in building automated solutions through tools and orchestration engines that enable infrastructure to be provisioned, configured, changed and decommissioned through infrastructure life cycle in automated fashion.
Working knowledge of databases, middleware components and web applications, good understanding of the principles of micro-services architectures.
- Virtualisation and Container Ecosystems:- VMware vSphere, Kubernetes, Docker
- Operating Systems:- RHEL/CentOS Linux, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 (or later)
- Enterprise Network Infrastructure:- Routing, Switching, VLANs, Firewalls and Load Balancers/Reverse Proxy
- Programming Experience:- C#, Go, Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Modern API and Microservice principles:- REST APIs, OpenAPI RESTful Design, and gRPC
- Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management as Code: Ansible/Chef/Puppet, PowerShell DSC, Terraform, and Packer
- Enterprise Computing Infrastructure and its management: Dell EMC + iDRAC, HPE + iLO, iPMI
- Enterprise Health and Logging:- Zabbix, Prometheus, Graphana, Splunk, Elastic stack (or any SNMP-based tool)
- Experience with modern Continuous Integration-Continuous Deployment development pipelines:- Git, Jenkins, GitLab, Atlassian Jira/Bamboo, Github