£450 - £550 per day
over 1 year ago
Infrastructure Engineer / Wintel Engineer x 2
+ Corsham based contract roles
+ 9 month initial contract
+ Outside of IR35
+ £450-£550 per day
+ SC Cleared position
The programme that we are involved in is currently seeking senior WINTEL engineers with demonstrable experience; the engineers must also possess demonstrable design experience, for both High and Low Level Designs.
Due to the current programmatic phase a highly desirable skill set is knowledge of Defence Applications, or demonstrable experience of integrating applications onto platforms.
To work within a technical team installing, configuring and updating Windows servers and software components. The target environment is heavily virtualised so familiarity with virtualisation, especially VMWare, is desirable. This work may also entail working with other teams, such as the infrastructure or applications teams, to troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues. The role will report in to the WINTEL Team Lead within the NSoIT(D) Engineering Solution Design team and will be primarily based on site at MOD Corsham.
* Install, maintain and support Windows servers and related infrastructure
* Installation and configuration of Windows Servers in virtualised environment
* Installation and configuration of Microsoft enterprise products including but not limited to, Active Directory, MS Exchange and MS Office elements
* Testing or evaluating new technology for implementation
* Troubleshooting and solving system and network problems related to Windows servers
* Working with project Problem Manager to raise and progress incidents
* Adhere to project and wider Defence and industry standards and procedures as directed by Team Lead
* Support wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities
* Administer and monitor Virtual server environment
* Significant experience with Windows server Operating systems up to Windows Server 2016 preferably in a virtualised environment.
* Several years experience in Active Directory design and administration
* Several years MS Exchange implementation design and administration
* Experience in administering and monitoring a Virtual server infrastructure
* Experience in configuring and administering backup and restore of Windows systems
* Experience of patching Windows systems
* Experience of configuring peripheral devices
* MS Windows client configuration and support including Windows 7 and Windows 10
The candidate should have strong communication skills with recent extensive experience in:
* Windows Server administration of Windows Servers 2010 to 2016
* Active Directory administration
* Networking experience with knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
* Setting up and managing SANs and storage technologies
* Ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
* VMWare setup and configuration experience
* Microsoft Sharepoint configuration and administration experience
* Cisco Network Administration experience or certification (CCNA or CCNP)