£65000 - £68000 per annum + Benefits, Pension
8 months ago
Infrastructure Design Engineer
SC Cleared or eligible and willing to undergo an SC Clearance
Salary: £60,000-68,000 PA DOE
Infrastructure Design Engineer Requirements:
- UKSV Security Check clearance (as a minimum);
- Strong understanding of design principles and experience in Compute design, including component design and low-level documentation.
- Experienced in Design and Implementation with the following vendors and technologies:
- MS Exchange serer is a key skill
- Microsoft, VMware, HPE and DellEMC
- Microsoft Operating Systems, Roles, Features and Products (Server, Exchange, Sharepoint & SQL)
- Datacenter Virtualisation
- Datacenter Server and End User hardware
- Understanding of the following:
- IP networking protocols
- Information IT Library (ITIL)
- With some secondary skills in the following:
- Scripting for deployment automation
- Rational Databases
- Linux Operating Systems
- Security hardening standards
- Aptitude and willingness to learn additional Computer-based technologies.
- You will be analytical, a problem-solver with experience in identifying technical risks and how to mitigate them.
- You will be able to communicate technical detail at a high level to project personnel and low-level detail to other designers and implementors.
- Types of projects you will be involved with:
- Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Datacentre virtualisation
- Desktop virtualization
- Technology Refresh
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Traditional Enterprise storage
- Software-Defined Data Centre