Hampshire, S. E. England, England
Up to £28000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A leading engineering consultancy are now looking for a Support Engineer to join their IT team on a 6 month temporary basis initially leading to a full time role, contributing to all aspects of IT and systems support. This is a varied role with opportunities to be involved with Microsoft and Linux systems, industry standard client applications as well as some specialist programs too. You will be offered a competitive salary & based in a modern working environment with a subsidised on-site Restaurant and Gym.
Within this role your duties & responsibilities will include:
- 1st and 2nd level helpdesk support
- Infrastructure development, maintenance and support.
- Project work to include design, development and implementation of IT systems.
- Administration of Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server, Ubuntu Linux server, CheckPoint Firewall and Endpoint security.
Ideally you will have:
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of IT.
- A good understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking technologies.
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft or Linux server operating systems.
- The ability to communicate accurately and fluently at all levels, both verbally and in written form.