£20000 - £27500 per annum + Corporate Package
3 months ago
IT Support Technician - Microsoft Environment
Due to a large scale expansion a well known Engineering consultancy are looking to add to their IT support team with a strong Technician, responsible for providing effective internal support in a Microsoft heavy environment covering all aspects of software and hardware.
Key responsibilities for the IT Support Technician will include:
* Ensure first point of contact and 'go to point' for all IT hardware, software & telephony support requests
* Responsibility for ensuring all incidents and requests are recorded and dealt with according to company procedures & agreed SLAs, through the use of the Service Desk software.
* To coordinate and/or diagnose issues and perform hands-on fixes, remotely & desk side while assigning the appropriate levels of priority and resource.
* Maintain the asset register ensuring all hardware is correctly recorded
* To assist in building & maintaining the IT knowledge base of issue resolutions and 'How To' information.
* To build & deploy various client devices such as desktop and laptop PC's, mobile devices, and controlled issue of removable media.
As an IT Support Technician you will be able to showcase the following:
* Provided a minimum of First Line Support
* Working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems - Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008/2012, MS Office, Active Directory
* Networking troubleshooting - LAN / WAN / CAT5
* Phone Systems
* Knowledge and experience of IT security technologies.
If you are looking for a challlenging environment, a place where you will make a real difference and feel highly motivated then this an opportunity for you.