CDI - 1200968_1663686296
Up to £700 per day
6 months ago
Job title: Java Developer
Rate: £700 per day inside ir35
SC security clearance is required for this role
I am looking for a Java Developer on behalf of a client of mine who are an IT Systems Integrator who have a central government customer. You will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure. You will have the following skills to deploy on programme:
- Specifically you will be part of an applications development and support team able to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to engineering governance/best practice.
- You will be expected to work closely with team members and the broader programme to develop new functionality and to provide third line support; this may involve being on call out of hours on a rotating basis.
- Highly technical in nature, you will need strong knowledge and experience with a view to maintaining and developing java-based configurations and solutions in individual services, applications or components in the development, test and live environments. The system utilises a wide variety of technologies so you must be flexible and quick to acquire new skills. The system is currently being moved into the public cloud so experience in this
- area would be an advantage or at least a desire to acquire these skills.
- Solid Java development skills
- Spring framework
- Web Services - XML, SOAP, RESTful
Nice to have:
- XML Schemas
- Websphere Application Server
- Websphere MQ
- Build and Test Automation
- Working in an agile environment with waterfall aspects
- AWS or other public cloud
- Relational databases - e.g. Oracle, DB2
- IBM Software life cycle tooling including Rational Software Architect, ClearQuest, and ClearCase
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512 829