CDI - 1173988_1648489110
£600 - £625 per day
about 2 months ago
Job Role: Java Developer
Location: Remote (with some access to Farnborough)
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £600 - £625 per day inside ir35
Security Clearance at SC level is required for this role
I am recruiting a Java Developer for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator working on behalf of our central government customer. You will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure. You will have the following skills to deploy on programme:
- Specifically you will be part of an applications development and support team able to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to Engineering governance/best practice.
- You will be expected to work closely with team members and the broader programme to develop new functionality and to provide third line support; this may involve being on call out of hours on a rota basis.
- Highly technical in nature, you will need strong knowledge and experience with a view to maintaining and developing java based configurations and solutions in individual services, applications or components in the development, test and live environments. The system utilises a wide variety of technologies so you must be flexible and quick to acquire new skills. There is an intention to move the system into the public cloud so experience in this area would be an advantage or at least a desire to acquire these skills.
- Java (including enterprise Java development)
- XML Schemas
- Web Services - XML, SOAP, RESTful
- Build and Test Automation
- Working in an agile environment
Nice to have:
- Websphere Application Server
- Websphere MQ
- AWS or other public cloud
- Relational databases - e.g. Oracle, DB2
- IBM Software life cycle tooling including Rational Software Architect, ClearQuest, and ClearCase