Laboratory Supervisor - Microbiology
A leading organisation specialising in providing innovative healthcare and life science products and service solutions around the world, are seeking an experienced laboratory supervisor based in Swindon.
You would be required to manage up to 12 people in a busy laboratory, from technician assistants to senior technicians and ensure the workforce are organised, engaged and working effectively.
The laboratory itself covers bio-burden testing, sterility testing, endotoxin testing, media preparation and microanalysis. All used to test medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- Provide a high level of service excellence to customers at all times, by maintaining professionalism and courteousness
- Ensure all work in the laboratory is carried out in compliance with the Health and Safety policies, Good Laboratory Practice, ISO13485, ISO17025, accreditation requirements and internal procedures
- Has specific and general responsibilities and authority in respect of the Quality System
- Maintains accurate and sufficiently detailed records of all quality tests performed
- Upholds relevant quality standards as set out in the controlled laboratory and QA procedures
- Cleaning and washing of Laboratory glassware. Preparation and sterilisation of Laboratory media
- Performs microbiological techniques on customer products and other samples
- Excellent knowledge of general microbiology techniques
- GLP, degree or equivalent in a science based subject preferably Biology
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Managed a minimum of 4 people
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Private pension
- Working hours - 8.15am - Mon-Tues 4.30pm, Wed-Thurs 8.30am-4.30pm, Fri - 8.30-4pm
- Private healthcare
- 25 days' holiday + bank
- Good progression opportunities