Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
£65000 - £68000 per annum + Benefits, Pension
5 months ago
Lead Consultant Specialist (Networking)
Perm Full time
Salary: Up to £68KPA DOE
Location: Hemel Hempstead or Ipswich
Will need to be eligible and willing to undergo an SC Clearance
This role is about solving our defence customer's most complex technological challenges by creating innovative digital solutions. Making use of the company and industry offerings will transform the way that they can do business in achieving their vision. You will also be providing key technology design and implementation ownership and expertise throughout all stages of the solutions design engagement life cycle.
Lead Consultant Specialist responsibilities
- Be an ambassador for our company, our customers and our team
- Lead on and build the right technical networking infrastructure solutions from customer requirements
- Provide end-to-end networking infrastructure technical design, implementation, accountability and ownership throughout the pre-sales and delivery life cycle
- Define and create pre-sales and post-sales technical collateral
- Develop and manage customer relationships and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
Lead Consultant Specialist skills & experience
- UKSV Security Check clearance (as a minimum)
- A current vendor expert-level certification and/or proven expert level experience
- Design and implementation subject matter expert knowledge across a range of networking infrastructure technologies and products, in at least one of the following three key areas:
o Optical networking (xWDM), MPLS, low bandwidth data circuits
o IP networking - routing and switching
o Network security - firewalling, authentication, proxies
- Responding to complex, multi-vendor public sector propositions and bid proposals based on customer requirements (OJEU, PPQ, ISOS, ISDS, ISFT, ITN, ITT)
- Defining and creating design and implementation documentation in line with customer requirements
- Proven commercial awareness to ensure solutions meet customer requirements both technically and in terms of cost
- Identifying and mitigating risks, and problem-solving for networking infrastructure technologies.
- Communicating and influencing across all levels and all technical abilities
- Working in major public industry sectors; Defence (MoD) and/or HM Government departments or agencies
- Knowledge and experience in HMG MoD compliance policies (JSP).
CBSbutler is acting as an employment agency for this role