about 2 years ago
Lead DevOps Engineer (Permanent)
Basingstoke based Lead DevOps Engineer role
Must be minimum SC Cleared to commence this role.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
An opportunity to build and lead a new DevOps function. Responsible for developing a set of consistent and repeatable DevOps processes and tooling ensuring availability, automation in an agile CI/CD delivery both on premise and in the cloud.
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Strong people and leadership skills with experience of driving cultural change
* A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability auto scaling containerised deployments in AWS or Azure
* Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
* Cloud Computing services, specifically AWS or Microsoft Azure
* Version control solutions, specifically Git, GitHub, and SVN
* DevOps methods (integration & automation)
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone
* Configuration management tooling such as Ansible and Puppet
* Automated tested tools such as Selenium
* Collaboration tooling such as Atlassian toolset
* Containerisation orchestration such as Kubernetes, ECS, ACS or similar
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Postgres, AWS RDS
* Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
Desirable Skills Required:
* Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
* Automated testing tools