Contae Chorcaí, Republic of Ireland
£80000 - £90000 per annum
13 days ago
Lead Automation Engineer
Location: Cork OR Dublin
Division: Process Systems and Solutions
Reports to: Engineering Group Leader
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Lead Engineer is a member of the Project Engineering team, which undertakes the design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) projects within life science. Responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of project related Engineering deliverables, utilising the Emerson Automation Solutions global resources and standards; each deliverable meeting the quality standards, budget and schedule set out. Support the overall business growth objectives by utilising their skills and experience to support the sales and proposals team in the pursuit of new business opportunities. As Lead Engineer you will be responsible for managing between 7,000 and 8500 hours per year of Engineering capacity, inclusive of all PSS global resources utilised and any sub-contracted works.
In this role you will:
- Project Execution - Take ownership of the Engineering activities on allocated deliverables and proactively utilise methodologies, resources, and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard. Assists in problem solving technical problems.
- Project Management - support the development of a project schedule and provide all necessary information to ensure that projects are fully resourced, to achieve Engineering deliverables. Understand the scope of work for allocated engineering deliverables and ensure that it is delivered to the requisite Structure i.e. S88, quality, budget and schedule. Development the procurement lists, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services, along with required delivery dates
- Communications - ensure that team members allocated to the project are provided with all necessary and relevant information - details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards - to effectively deliver their allotted work.
- Quality control - ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
- Team building - support the creation of an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the project team and actively support team members in achieving personal development objectives. Actively share knowledge and experience with the Engineering team and the wider organisation.
- Customer Relations -understand and manage customer expectations throughout the life of projects.
- Proposals/sales support - actively contribute to bid activities to ensure that the customer's requirements are fully understood and that innovative and cost effective solutions are proposed.
- Suppliers - support the management of other parties - product vendors, sub-contractors, other Emerson teams and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer - that are providing products and services associated with project deliverables.
- Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree or equivalent with at least 8 years' experience with focus on the life-science industry
- Proven experience delivering projects with PCS/MES applications in the regulated life science industry and other industries.
- Proven experience with Computerised Systems Validation (GMP, 21CFR Part 11, GAMP), implementation and deployment in the regulated pharmaceutical industry including awareness of customers' responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of European and International major pharmaceutical regulatory requirements (FDA, EMEA, ICH)
- Ability to deliver training.
- A high level of customer interfacing skills.
- Proactive and able to work effectively within a remote team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent English (written and spoken) with additional languages preferred.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Manages Complexity
- Drives Results