Horsham, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
7 months ago
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Based in Horsham West Sussex with Hyrbid remote working
Up to £55,000 with bit of flexibility
A high-tech electro-mechanical manufacturer who operates in the defence industry are in need of a Lead Mechanical Engineer to lead their Mechanical Engineering design team. My client are the industry leaders of tracking and surveillance equipment providing both to marine and land sectors of the defence industry.
Responsibilities - Lead Mechanical Engineer - West Sussex
This role is vital for my client as you will be ensuring you will be providing technical authority over the design, quality, compliance, and safety of the mechanical team outputs. The role includes leading various parts of the mechanical engineering department such as:
- Leading the Electro-mechanical design
- Lead in performing classical engineering analysis on designs (Stress, vibration, Fatigue)
- Lead in the continuous improvement process for the mechanical team
- Lead in the installation and validation and qualification activities
- Lead in managing staff performance in mechanical Engineering
In this role you will working with various different teams as integration is a necessity for my clients products. You will work closely with the project team to understand the project requirements and ensure the mechanical engineering team are keeping to time and budget. As well as that you will work with electronics teams to ensure the electronic, control and drive systems are integrated into the designs.
Key Skills and Experience Required - Lead Mechanical Engineer - West Sussex
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (2:1 Minimum)
- Over 10 years' experience in working through the whole design lifecycle
- Over 5 years' experience in preforming or leading design analysis and performance calculations
- Strong understanding of manufacturing techniques such as machining, sheet metal, fabrication, and moulding techniques
- Experience in new concept designs
- Previous experience in a leadership/management role
If you are interested in the following opportunity and meet the criteria needed, please do not hesitate, and start your application by clicking 'APPLY NOW'