£50000 - £60000 per annum + + excellent bens.
over 1 year ago
Lead Security Engineer x2
Product Security; Security Risk Assessments; Implementation; Security Assurance; Security Incident Management, CISSP; NCSC; NIST; CPNI; JSP440; JSP604; ISO27000
Southampton, Basildon or Luton (Hybrid working available)
Must be eligible for SC Clearance
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Lead Security Engineer with expertise in developing and maintaining product security management systems for Defence and Government customers to join our team. This position will report to the Head of Product Security and will take responsibility for all security aspects of product design, development, verification and maintenance through all phases of the product lifecycle. The role will focus on undertaking security risk assessments for products, preparing security risk mitigation plans, deriving security requirements and working with product development teams to design, implement and maintain appropriate security controls.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Product Security (ISP) and be responsible for providing security advice to product development teams in a range areas including:
- Production of Security Managements Plans, work package descriptions and cost estimates in support of product bids, services and proposals.
- Undertaking security risk assessments, risk mitigation plans, mitigation gap analysis and preparation of security management documentation for system Accreditation.
- Defining product security requirements, advising development teams on suitable implementation standards and techniques and overseeing product development activities.
- Preparation of Protection Profiles, Security Targets and Evaluation Management Plans, and liaison with NCSC and commercial evaluation teams in support of evaluation activities.
- Preparation of Control Plans, advising development teams on appropriate implementation techniques and liaising with test facilities.
- Lead security incident management teams during incident/crisis situations in conjunction with Head of Product Security
What we are looking for
Experience in the development of security solutions for a military &/or commercial products and systems.
Registered NCSC Certified Professional at senior level or above, or NCSC recognised qualification, e.g. ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional.
Knowledge of UK/NATO Information Assurance standards, procedures & systems, including Government Functional Standard GovS 007: Security, HMG IS1&2, ISO27000 series standards, NIST SP800 series standards, JSP440, JSP604, guidance material provided by NCSC, CPNI and NIST.
Practical experience of NCSC and Common Criteria security evaluation techniques.
Ability to obtain SC clearance with UK-eyes only caveat.
Please apply now for more information!