Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£500 - £550 per day
about 2 years ago
Lead Software Developer
12 Months Contract
£500 - £550 per day
Detailed Job Description:
Detailed Job Description: As a Software Engineer working in an infrastructure engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing code from the ground up, working closely with customers for feedback and input. You will have experience working with Microsoft Server products such as Windows 2008 - > 2019, knowledge of SCOM and SCCM would be an advantage.
An experienced software engineer with a proven track record of designing and building software products in an Agile environment.
Collaborative and works well in a tight knit, team-oriented group .
Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development and long-term code maintainability and supportability.
Knowledgeable of current web development technologies.
Familiar with test driven development and the need for writing automated tests as part of development.
Skilled debugger who can work under pressure when things go wrong in production environments.
Has knowledge of a variety of modern software frameworks (server side & browser side) and the versatility to work with them all.
* Must have software development experience - Powershell and VB+
* Experience of working with products such as Tanium
* Development experience using python would be an advantage
* Must have experience of DevOps tools (Ansible, Jenkins), IDEs and source code management (VS Code, GitHub) would be an advantage.
* Experience with automation and application/product integration.
* Experience with testing tools and processes (Visual Studio IDE / MSTest etc)
* Knowledge of Databases such as MS-SQL would be an advantage.
* Familiarity with IT Infrastructure delivery and related process would be an advantage.
* Any Open Source project participation or any GitHub or blog publication would be an advantage.
* Liaise and answer queries with key stakeholders on issue.
* Provide technical support to the production issues.
* Prototyping and Proof of concepts as required.
* Writing documentation and standard operating procedure when required.