£50000 - £60000 per annum
8 months ago
Lead Thermal Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000
A market leading Electronics Manufacturer that operates in the Defence, Aerospace, medical and telecommunications sectors are looking for a Lead Thermal Engineer. They are looking for a Senior Mechanical/ Thermal Engineer that is ready to take there next step up in their career.
The role entails of managing a small team of engineers, you will need to have a 'hands on' approach towards the work as you will be responsible in the mechanical and thermal design of the product from concept to production.
The product is compact and has an effective cooling solution this is because it withstands high levels of vibration and shock. This will mean you will conducting some verification testing, in order to support the design and testing of the product. As well as that you will be also designing new jigs and fixtures for design verification and production testing.
You will report to the Engineering Manager and will need expertise in mechanical design and thermal design in an electronic product development environment to thrive at this role.
Knowledge/Skills - Lead Thermal Engineer - Essex
- Education to Bachelor degree level with industry experience of designing small or precision components for electronic product packaging or similar environments.
- Independent self-starter able to plan and carry out your own work and that of your team with little supervision and with the ability to deliver effective results in short timescales.
- An ability to solve potentially complex mechanical/thermal problems, with the ability to reason independently and reach achievable engineering solutions.
- A good understanding of thermal management techniques, especially relating to electronic product design.
- A practical, "hands-on" person in order to manage your team and project timescales.
- A high degree of understanding of mechanical tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
- Familiarity with a mechanical CAD tools
Benefits - Lead Thermal Engineer - Essex
An optional stakeholder pension scheme (with a generous company contribution), life assurance, private health insurance, and relocation allowance where appropriate.
If you are interested in this and have the right skill set to take your career to the next step, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'