£33000 - £40000 per annum
6 days ago
Lean Manufacturing Coordinator
Up to £40,000 basic
Based in Southampton
A leading aerospace manufacturing specialist and supplier is looking for a Lean Manufacturing Coordinator to join their growing team based in Southampton.
- Reporting to the Lean Leader the Lean Manufacturing Coordinator will help to lead projects, train and coach members of the organisation in the use of Lean tools and will play a key supporting role in larger programmes.
- You will assist with tackling issues that may require swift problem solving or re-occurring challenges that require in-depth analysis and the implementation of a range of effective and sustainable countermeasures to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Work with appropriate teams & individuals to understand process-based opportunities & issues and implement / facilitate appropriate improvement changes
- Encourage the use of Lean tools to reduce process waste
- Coach teams and share best practices in the use of Lean tools
- Lead training activities in the use of Lean tools
- Manage project teams ensuring motivation and momentum, and be responsible for the successful delivery of the project
- Develop standard processes & procedures to enable individuals to make changes without hands on support
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
- Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives
- Engineering background in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Aerospace is preferred but not essential
- Proven Lean/CI experience in either an industrial or academic environment (min. 1 year)
- Positive approach to challenging situations
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of lean techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.