£25000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Lean Manufacturing Specialist
Up to £40,000 basic salary
Based in Southampton
BPSS eligiblity required
A leading supplier of aerospace structures is looking for a Lean Manufacturing Specialist to join their manufacturing team based in Southampton.
Reporting to the Lean Leader, you will lead projects, train and coach members of the organization in the use of Lean tools and will play a key supporting role in larger programmes - tackling issues that may require swift problem solving or re-occurring challenges that require in-depth analysis and the implementation of a range of effective and sustainable countermeasures to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Following training and support that will be given to those who need it, below is a summary of the key responsibilities for this role:
- Work with appropriate teams & individuals to understand process-based opportunities & issues and implement / facilitate appropriate improvement changes
- Encourage the use of Lean tools to reduce process waste
- Coach teams and share best practices in the use of Lean tools
- Lead training activities in the use of Lean tools
- Manage project teams ensuring motivation and momentum, and be responsible for the successful delivery of the project
- Develop standard processes & procedures to enable individuals to make changes without hands on support
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
- Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
- Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives
- Engineering background in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Aerospace is preferred
- Proven Lean/CI experience in either an industrial or academic environment
- Positive approach to challenging situations
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of lean techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.