£21000 - £22500 per annum + Excellent Bens
18 days ago
£21-22.500 per annum + benefits
East Midlands - 37.5 hrs per week
A leading manufacturer of medical profiling beds and pressure care mattresses is seeking a Logistics Operative to join their friendly team based in East Midlands.
As a Logistics Operative, you will support the manufacturing process by managing and controlling the flow of raw material into the manufacturing facility and the despatch of finished goods to stock or customer site as required.
Specifically, you will:
- Receive goods inwards, book in and store accordingly
- Ensure an accurate inventory is available at all times
- Load and unload vehicles using counterbalance forklift
- Pick raw material stock as required by Production Assembly Operatives, ensuring stock levels are replenished on a daily basis
- Monitor and control raw materials, recording supplier delays and notifying appropriate parties of concerns
- Take good care of allocated company equipment
- General housekeeping of the Goods In/Despatch functions, ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- Support the preparation of products for despatch, ensuring the are packaged, loaded and handled correctly to eliminate damage during transit
- Ensure all goods in/despatch paperwork is submitted to the relevant internal parties in a timely manner
To join us as a Logistics Operative, you will need:
- Previous experience in a busy goods in/despatch environment
- Proven ability to adhere to strict production deadlines
- An understanding of computerised stock control systems
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good computer skills with the ability to update systems accurately and efficiently
- The ability to provide clear and concise communications either verbally or written
- A good team player mentality
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A flexible and adaptable attitude with the ability to work additional hours if needed
- To be confident and motivated to provide a high level of service to the business and customer
You will need a valid counterbalance forklift for this role.
Package and Benefits;
- Occasional paid overtime
- Reward and recognition programme
- 22 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays increasing up to 27 days with length of service
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
What happened next?
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application.