West Sussex, England
£40000 - £45000 per annum
23 days ago
£40,000 - £45,000
My client who specialises in protection solutions for the Government/MOD are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to mange their import and export and domestic shipping of goods via road, sea and Air. My client is still a family run business and has been going on for around 60 years and implemented their services and products across the globe.
This would be an ideal time to join this company as they are expanding and continue to supply different opportunities across the business.
The Role - Logistics Coordinator - West Sussex
- You will be liaising and communicating with different Freight forwarders/couriers to obtain different quotes and set up collections and control the transport process
- You will need work what is the most efficient shipping route and ensure that it meets the time deadlines
- You will be checking and verifying shipping documentation and ensure you are compliant with HMRC regulations
- Manage the shipping status and report to customers on the progress of the shipping
- You will be responsible for the movement of dangerous good and ensuring that the correct documentation and packing procedures are all in line HMRC requirements.
Skills/Experience - Logistics Coordinator - West Sussex
- Strong experience in global import and exports
- Strong understanding of the import and export customs procedures
- IT literate used Microsoft and SAP software or similar
- Manufacturing background (automotive and defence is preferable)
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Able to gain SC clearance
If you are interested in applying, then please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'