Up to £45000 per annum
over 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation are now looking for a Technical Advisor to join their Industrial Products team, advising UK wide clients on the most effective methods of conforming to Machinery and other safety-related legislation. You will be home based and provide accurate guidance on the requirements detailed within the relevant European Directives, Regulations and Standards to assist the client in their understanding of legislation, and how conformity may be achieved. Your main role will be to deliver CE marking, PUWER and Functional safety services to a variety of blue chip clients, directly on customer sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of hazards associated with client machinery and carry out risk assessment as required.
- CE marking of machinery to relevant Directives using up to date european harmonised standards.
- Compilation of technical file data
- PUWER inspections, producing detailed reports as required.
- Safety related control system evaluation & validation to relevant standards (EN13849 & EN62061).
- Auditing of clients' policies & procedures, risk assessments & other site applicable documentation.
- Deliver talks and seminars to pre-organised groups of local safety professionals, managers and engineers.
- Offer advice and assistance to potential new clients as well as existing customers, developing contacts and maintaining good relationships with key personnel throughout the business.
- Qualified in a recognised engineering discipline
- Experience of working on a variety of Electrical / Mechanical equipment within the manufacturing/engineering sector, particularly process and packaging machinery.
- A working knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Electromechanically linked machinery.
- An understanding of current PUWER and CE marking processes, European machinery safety directives and relevant EN standards.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and customer service skills.