£45000 - £50000 per annum + life assurance, private healthcare
about 2 years ago
An R&D manufacturing & engineering consultancy now have an exciting new opening for an Engineering Manager to lead the Electrical, Mechanical and Site Maintenance teams to ensure compliance with statutory requirements & delivery of maintenance programs. This is a completely new role for the company and ideally you will possess strong leadership credentials including inter-personal, people-management and influencing skills as well as being able to work under pressure ensuring tight deadlines are met.
Within this role you will:
- To be responsible for the safe and efficient management of the Infrastructure operations resources.
- To deliver a published Planned Preventative Maintenance programme defined by the Chief Engineer and monitor improvements using Infrastructure Performance Management metrics.
- To share fault reporting data and responses within agreed times and standards (unplanned maintenance).
- To support Design and Manufacture Workshop machine maintenance and associated power supplies, as required
- To deliver longer-term Infrastructure investment programmes for capability improvements.
- To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
- To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and future needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements.
- To manage the team's apprenticeship programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
- To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/ service providers for supporting Infrastructure delivery requirements in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
- To ensure all team members operate safely, are trained and competent and adhere to H&S requirements of the areas and that relevant risk assessments and work instructions are in place.
- To communicate and co-ordinate regularly with Experimental Aerodynamics, other operational teams and stakeholders. Formal route is via Plant meetings to agree tactical delivery priorities and Sales and Operational Planning meetings to agree medium-term delivery issues.
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of HND (or equivalent) in a technical/engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a technical project-based and/or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering procedures, tools and staff skills required in order to assign appropriately-skilled resources to meet project requirements.
- Excellent computer skills (MS-office and IT-based maintenance packages).