West Sussex, England
about 1 month ago
MANUFACTURING NPI ENGINEER
BASED IN WEST SUSSEX
A market leader in the renewable energy sector is searching for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer that has substantial experience in New Product Introduction (NPI). This is exciting time to join my client as they are rapidly expanding and have lots of new projects coming up that you can be involved in and make a difference to.
THE ROLE - MANUFACTURING NPI ENGINEER
Your role will be to work closely with new product engineering and the project management office to investigate the manufacturing requirements and to ensure that the new products coincide with the Manufacturing requirements you have set out. You will be responsible to implement changes to existing and new products to ensure they are released on time and to the correct quality.
You will have strong influence on the product design and work with designers to improve the DFA/DFM. You will lead PFMEA's, EH&S reviews related to new tooling and equipment changes and Readiness reviews. While trying to identify cost savings and Quality improvements throughout the lifecycle of the product.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS - MANUFACTURING NPI ENGINEER
- Strong NPI experience
- Degree qualified in a engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing concepts for example Lean, SPC, Kanban, VSP, JIT and MRP
- Experience with Product induction and experience with the whole product lifecycle
- Project manager skills understand time, budget and risk.
- Had experience in procuring and installing capital equipment
- IT literate
A team player and someone who is used to working in a fast paced environment would suit this role and that can take ownership and lead the product through concept to release. If this is you please 'APPLY NOW'