£50000 - £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Manufacturing Engineering Process Leader
Up to £60,000 basic
Based in Southampton
A leading supplier of aerospace structures is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Process Leader to join their manufacturing team based in Southampton.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing Engineering, you will be responsible for the overarching definition, improvement & governance of the engineering process structure & bill of materials across all value streams.
You will be a key position, operating in collaboration with the ME Managers and other relevant functional owners to continually evolve and improve the businesses approach to enable critical business outputs, including but not limited to; Costing (Part & Programme) - Hours & Material, Capacity & Load Planning and Improvement Identification / Planning / Validation.
- Manage team wellbeing and performance against agreed goals and objectives; accountable for safety, quality, on time delivery, cost and other business metrics as identified/appropriate.
- Responsible for development, design and governance relating to the generation of engineering process structures and Bills of Material (BoM) across all value streams to ensure a consistent and impactful approach across all business areas.
- Working on appropriate projects and with complimentary functions including, but not limited to; sourcing, planning, quality, finance and production to identify opportunities within the ERP and business systems to enhance the business operating approach.
- Development and control of base cost approach within ERP system ensuring the accurate generation of cost, in correlation to financial cost structure and working business approach from an hour, material cost and sub-contracts costs perspectives. Including generation of Standard/Theoretical Contribution Margin for programmes.
- Manage & prioritise, in correlation with the ME Leads, the appropriate process observation / work study / controlled build activities in alignment with business need and opportunity. Considerate of utilising internal and external resource as appropriate.
- Working across all ME areas with managers and appropriate technical focals to facilitate the appropriate work instructions, guidance documents, review cycles to ensure expectations for controlling all engineering parameters and structures (in ERP & appropriate systems) are defined, understood and monitored as required.
- Facilitate the advancement of engineering bid approach to utilise engineering structure, bill of material, controlled parameters and parametrises to aid in the optimisation, efficiency and consistency of approach for future work opportunities. Identify technology opportunities to support where appropriate.
- Lead and/or support bid requirements as appropriate.
- Working with ME teams to identify opportunities to enhance the approach for creating and updating of engineering processes & BoMs, improving the efficiency of change (e.g. mass update via TIGI) whilst ensuring vigilance on its integrity.
- Build, maintain and control the glossary of appropriate parameters requiring ME control within EPR. Build team capability from "how to change" (transactions & fields) towards also encompass "why to change" (parameter impact), "what to change to" (how to derive the correct value) & "when to change" (business cycles reviewing parameters). This may also consider development of complimentary processes e.g. standard costing approach.
- Degree in Engineering / Technical discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- In depth working knowledge of manufacturing engineering process and methodologies within the aviation domain.
- Strong leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team engagement.
- Strong Interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments & priorities and achieve results.
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to challenge the norm to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge business systems & financial accounting.
- Understanding of how ERP interacts and operates across business functions, including causality and correlation impacts.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers
- Positive approach to challenging situations.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.